Alert relay from app

Just a new feature suggestion to go along the lines of the new SOS alert that comes from the relay… it would be nice to have a similar “emergency” alert that we could activate from the app (from the main account as a parent) to the Relay to alert the user/ child we are trying to reach them if they are on another channel. Like an emergency call waiting feature of sorts. Sometimes my son is using 1 of the fun channels or by mistake has it set to another channel and I can’t reach him in an emergency. The only way he knows is IF at some point he goes back to the main channel / sees the message light blinking, which obviously could be an indefinite amount of time. So an emergency alert tone from the parent channel to interrupt/notify would be a great feature to add! Just a suggestion…we love our relay and all of the amazing updates thus far!

Dear Fellow Relay User: Did you know that if you call your son from the “Everyone” channel, it will bump him off the channel he is on and to the “Everyone” channel? You should be able to reach him anytime using the everyone channel. I hope that helps:) . Although, I do like the idea of being able to send some type of alert or ring tone to let the child know that someone is trying to reach them. That could save some embarrassment when they are with a friend and suddenly Mom’s voice comes echoing out of their pocket;)

1 Like

Oh no I did not know that so even if he is on the echo, translate or 1 of the other fun channels it will bump him back to that everyone channel? If so, that’s a great work-around and useful for sure! Since its just my son and me right now it will work! I do hate just yelling his name sometimes so an alert tone feature would b nice also :wink: but thank you so much for this info it is super helpful to know!!!

1 Like