New To Relay - Improvements

Just received our Relay and I’m loving it so far. I do wish it had features to help children be more productive. Here are a few that come to mind;

Timer: A command for “Timer”. My daughter’s daily homework requires her to read for 30 minutes. A Timer option would be great! We are currently using the timer on her iPad for this.

Alarm: A command for “Alarm”. Our home has a split floor plan and our daughter’s room is all the way on the other side of the house. An alarm for waking her up for school would be so helpful.

Reminder/Calendar: A command for “Reminder” and/or “Calendar” to stay on top of tasks and events.

A shared (channel specific) calendar on the app. would be amazing! Our family (parents) could use this to keep track of our daughter’s extra curricular activities, etc.

I’d love for the Relay to allow kids to use it more like how adults use mobile phones. I think you guys have the entertainment part down, however, empowering kids with the tools they need to accomplish tasks/organize would be a game changer.

2 Likes

We just got ours too and we really like it as well. I love your ideas of the timer, alarm and reminder/calendar! I have a couple thoughts for Relay as well.

• It would be helpful if the app would tell me that she listened to my message on her Relay.
  • The addition of a date/timestamp associated with the messages on the app and the Relay itself. We live out in the country, so sometimes the messages end up lost in cyber world. Then it’s confusing when they do come through as to when that was sent and if the message still applies.
  • A silence or maybe a “do not disturb” mode that can be set during school hours. I don’t want it to make the message noise during classes. This could be overridden by the SOS feature in case of emergency.

Overall, this is a great product. And I love that it is local to me! I just happened to see on the website that they are from North Carolina!

Hey we love the ideas but putting in multiple ideas into one post makes it hard for people to vote on them on the merits. It also makes it hard and confusing for us to give status, some of these are in the works.

I am going to move this to #share:general since #share:ideas need to be more individualized.

Keep up the discussion. We love the ideas. If you want others to vote on them, just add each for consideration.

Ok. That was my first post. I didn’t realize there was voting. I’ll try to figure out how to search and see if my suggestion is already posted, and if not I’ll add it.

1 Like