Voice communication stopped working yesterday between my two relaygo devices, and has not worked for two days now. Specifically:
- When users push the ‘talk’ buttons on Relaygo devices, nothing is heard.
- When I push the ‘talk’ button on the Relay app on my Android phone, no voices are heard, and eventually the app makes the two beep, low-freq, ‘denied’ sound.
I did some debug tonight…
- The Relay app on my Android phone was able to manage both relaygo devices. For example, I can see their GPS location, power level (good), channels (relaygo only), cell connection (fair), wifi not connected (since the wifi router was updated in Dec.)
- According to the app, the Relaygo build versions in both devices were already at the latest level 188.8.131.52(185)
- I updated the version of Relay app on my phone from 1.9.64 to the latest 1.11.286.
- We rebooted both relaygo devices.
- No improvement.
Possibly interesting tidbits:
- These relaygo devices are used by my parents. They live 500 miles from me. I am debugging remotely via phone.
- As mentioned above, their home wifi router was updated in December. The relays haven’t connected to wifi since. Cell-only since.
- When users push the talk button on either device, the Relay app on my phone gives a notification that users are talking!
I’m wondering if this is a known problem or user error?
I’ll be happy to provide more debug.
Thanks for any suggestions.