Welcome! The Neighborhood is Officially 1 Week Old!

Hi Neighbors! I wanted to take a quick moment and thank everyone for stopping by to visit the Relay Community this past week. I could not be more excited to see what this collaborative space and innovative product have the potential to become! :sunglasses:

As a quick recap of our first week, I wanted to draw your attention to a few standout posts/users:

@alan.r was the first neighbor to introduce themselves in our Greetings and Introductions! thread. Here’s what they had to say:

Hello! I’ll be the first to introduce myself. We’re a family of five living in a new place. We’re in a great neighborhood with lots of playgrounds, new friends, and forest to explore. I love how much my kids are outside, but I don’t like all the telling I have to do to get them home :joy: That’s why I’m so excited for Relay. We first learned about it from a Republic email. My husband and I are so excited about a way to communicate with our kids without screens. We love being outside, playing at the beach, camping, reading books, and playing board games. We’re excited to be a part of this group!

Thanks so much for posting and sharing a bit about your family with us @alan.r ! As a fellow board/card game enthusiast, I’ve got to ask: What are some of your go-to games? :game_die:

@ericw.vtzimp posted on The Neighborhood’s launch day, and was the first to ask about one of Relay’s features:

I thought I read that this could be connected to Google Assistant. I don’t see that as a channel option. It seems to me that Google Assistant is really powerful and could allow for a great deal of customization as to what can and cannot be done with this.

We’re glad to hear that you’re eager for this feature and hope to offer it, along with other improvements as we develop. Keep letting us know what you’re looking for in this device :mega:. We definitely want the feedback!

Last, but not least, @louisdi was the first Neighborhood member to pose their own question to his fellow Neighbors in the thread, How do you plan to use your (future) Relay?. We love to see you all take up conversations amongst yourselves and exchange ideas like this. @louisdi shared the following:

I’m likely in for a 3-pack. Here’s what I’m thinking:

1. For my youngest who is 9 anything that reduces screentime is fantastic.
  2. For my middle son who is 12 and has a smartphone, but is a rough and tumble kid. Giving him something he can carry in his pocket when climbing a tree, rolling down a hill, etc that we don’t have to worry about breaking, is fantastic.
  3. Me. I love doing things outside. Things like paintball can get rough and messy. I carry my smartphone now so that my wife can reach me in an emergency, or just to check-in. Being able to leave the phone in the car and carry a Relay in this situation really sound attractive.

Thank you to everyone for keeping conversations like this going. Keep liking, keep giving feedback, and keep asking questions about Relay. This is the place to do it! :house:

:tada: Here’s to some more firsts for The Neighborhood! :tada: